Electronic Delivery. By consenting to electronic delivery, you accept and agree to the following:
- To receive all available billing documents applicable to your selected policies, including, but not limited to, statements, notices and correspondence (collectively, “billing documents”) via electronic delivery. There may be some documents that we cannot deliver electronically due to legal and/or technological constraints. These documents will be delivered to you via United States Postal Service (USPS) to your postal address.
- As billing documents become available, we will send you a notification by email containing the security-enabled Internet address (URL) where the materials can be viewed, downloaded and printed. It is your responsibility to log in to view your bills and billing-related documents. We will only deliver bills and billing-related materials to the policyholder.
- Billing documents will be made available in PDF or HTML format, so you must have a valid email account, access to an Internet browser and Adobe software (this software is available for download free of charge at www.adobe.com). The billing documents will be available for a limited period of time. We recommend that you print or save a copy for your permanent records. If you wish to print billing documents, you must also have access to a printer.
- You will maintain a valid, current email address and immediately notify us any of change in your email address. We are not responsible for problems arising from emails sent to an inactive or out-of-date email address that you provided to us. If an email is returned to us as undeliverable, we will notify you to update your email address through www.covertree.com. We will also resend the email. If it is returned once again as undeliverable, and there is no other active email address of a named insured associated with the policies attached to your selected billing account as explained below, we will presume that you have withdrawn your consent, you will be unenrolled in Paperless Billing, and all available billing documents will be sent to you via the United States Postal Service (USPS) to your postal address. Note that you will always have the ability to access www.covertree.com and view your billing documents on demand.
- Your consent to enrollment in Paperless Billing will remain in effect for each selected policy until termination or cancellation of the policy, or until you revoke your consent. Electronic delivery will remain in effect following any policy modification or renewal.
- We are not required to deliver information electronically and may discontinue electronic delivery in whole or in part at any time.
You may update your information, such as your email address and delivery preferences, at any time by logging into www.covertree.com.